September Monthly challenge

Hey everyone, long time no see…

I’ve been away for almost 11 months now…probably 9 or 10 months without practising much neither (even though I am still a proud patreon) I finally found the time to get back to work (finger drumming), and I found out about this monthly challenge thing, and even though my fingers are indeed very rusty and I don’t have enough skills for a killing end, I gave it a shot and here is my take:

2 Likes

Ha! That’s so interesting to hear you give this whole thing a swing feel! I guess that’s possible since most of the instruments don’t really emphasize the straight feel so as soon as you’re dominating with your swing beat it will take over :slight_smile:

Also, the half time snare is something that works like a charm, as well as the sidestick clicks in tasty places.

I’m glad you’re picking up the pace again. My guess is you’ll be back feeling not ‘rusty’ somewhere in october. I always have the same thing if I did not play for a while.

Once your hands start working together like one machine again you’ll probably start killing some faster stuff as well and it will start sounding even more consistent. But for now, the general feel of the beat already seems to work. Those heavy hits on kick and snare are well placed so you still got it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Robert :slight_smile:

I was practicing it without the swing and then I watched your September Livestream which gave me the swing idea and tried out and liked it.

I like a lot this challenges. I am looking forward for the next one :slight_smile:

Also, great work on the new website :+1:

Thanks again for your comments.

1 Like