New "Monthly challenge" course launches tomorrow (August 1st)

Hey everyone,

Tomorrow I’m launching a brand new monthly challenge course! All premium members should see a card pop up in their dashboard with a link to the first challenge (and instructions on what to do).

This is a new take on how I do courses. I think it will be a lot of fun, and also in terms of education a very important angle to take on at some point.

I hope you all check out the first challenge and let me know what you think. In 2 weeks you’ll also get my version ofcourse :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a good challenge. Not easy to know where to put drums, since it has so many things going on. I was working on the challenge last weekend and I woke up one day with the backing track in my head but could not for the life of me remember where I heard it. I searched all my playlists, listened to all the demo tracks on my DAW, nothing. I knew it was a short song…simple loops…where did I hear it??
Finally sat down to work on the challenge again last night and there it was! What a relief.

1 Like

That is a quite a change from playing sheets to improvising something of your own. I like the idea! :smiley:

I recorded my own version, would like to hear any feedback!

QFG Monthly Challenge August by Tanuki

2 Likes

Hey! That’s a very beautiful and creative performance. You’re sort of painting these different vibes over the track, giving it more peaceful moments and then bring in the energy with the snare. Very nice and also a clear example of what a big impact the drums can make on the vibes of the song.

I wouldn’t have thought of this at all. I just went full blast start to finish :slight_smile:

Also good to see one of those “Building Fills” rudiments in there.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed feedback! :3

1 Like

By the way, it is now possible to set an email reminder for the Monthly Challenges. You’ll get one when a new challenge is released and wen I update the challenge with my beats and diagrams and drum presets.

Could be handy for some of you!

1 Like

I found out I can set a reminder for the Live Stream too! I need the help. :sweat_smile:

1 Like