Maschine as MIDI and default use - switching

Hello QFG! I’m really happy to have stumbled on this great resource!

I’m new here and just getting started with this finger drumming system. I have been programming drums either through keys (not optimal) and/or tweaking MIDI with a grid editor, etc and finally realized I need a decent pad setup. I have a Maschine Mikro MK3 on order, arriving in a week. I’ve looked through all of the setup and am confident I know how to get rolling with the Maschine Mikro config as a MIDI device to map the pads to trigger my Superior Drummer 3 and Abby Road Drums that I use most.

The question I have is, once you’ve created and applied a template for the pad layout for the QFG setup on the Maschine, how does one switch back to the default to use the Maschine in its standard mode as a beat composer, etc? Is it a simple matter of somehow switching out of MIDI mode? How?

I’ve been reading up on Maschine and want to dig into what it can do in its primary use but will also be programming/performing drums and hoping to hit the ground running.

Thanks!

Ken
Thanks

1 Like

On the Mikro 3 it’s Shift + Project button (top left hand corner) to toggle between MIDI mode and Maschine mode.

1 Like

Thanks.

So it sounds as if Maschine mode is unaffected by any MiDI mapping/config and you can just tittle back to Maschine mode from MIDI mode and it’s biz as usual?

Thanks

1 Like

That’s correct. The device in midi mode is basically a separate device that has nothing to do with how it works inside machine software.

3 Likes