Machine Mikro Mk3

Hello.
I bought a mikro mk3, it will come tomorrow or monday. I wanted to know if I should register it to check if everything works or check it without registration at the beginning? If not registe, then what is the best way to check mk3? My Daw’s are FL Studio, Bitwig and nektarine.

Greetings
PsychoTomek

P.S. Sorry for my english. I know it’s very very bad.

1 Like

Hey Psycho Tomek,

Usually some form of activation will be needed on your system before the Maschine mikro will turn on.
If the unit does not respond well, I believe the proces would be to deactivate the license by contacting NI support and then shipping it back. >> https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092577-Registration-and-Activation

The way to test the unit is by updating all the firmware first, then opening up Controller Editor software and adjusting the sensitivity slider. Sometimes it should be at its most sensitive but sometimes it works better to make it less sensitive actually. On newer units a little less sensitive usually gives the best results.

Then, you just fire up some drum plugin and hit each pad by letting your hand fall down on it. So almost no real force. If each pad triggers well and the same as all the other pads, you want to test and hit multple pads at the same time, see if that registers well (the response might change a bit but it should not change an insane way) and then you know if you got yourself a good one.

With my store I know that they just charge me for deactivating the license even if I did it myself. They assume you don’t do it because hardly anyone does. So pay attention to that and file an objection if they srew you over like that :slight_smile: With me it always worked so far (dutch store), but every store is different ofcourse.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Now I am prepared for everything, although I am positive and I am sure that the mikro will work as it should.
I wish you a nice weekend.

1 Like