Finger drumming with kick pedal trigger

I have a Maschine Mikro and I’m wondering if anyone has experience adding a kick drum pedal to their finger drumming rig. Or, what would the simplest way to do that be? I already have the kick pedal for my Roland V drums and aggressive drums software. Does something like the Big Maschine Mk3 or the plus have an input for a kick pedal trigger?

1 Like

Hey I tried to do this with a Roland Hi Hat pedal, but plugging it into the Maschine did not do anything. I think V-Drum type equipment does not work with the Maschine. Maybe there’s some sort of workaround with another interface or something, but I don’t think you can do it directly through the Maschine device.

Ok thanks! I guess the next option would basically be to plug my kick pedal into my Roland V drum brain, then send that to a DAW where the Maschine is also being sent to. Does that sound right?

I’m surprised this feature doesn’t exist because having an extra limb (or two) to work with would really help to get a better drum set groove.

Yes, that’a exactly right! Make those two things work together in a DAW as if they’re separate controllers.

The reason this does not exist is because at the moment the market for “real” drumming on a pad controller is very small. Companies seem to focus on beatmaking / sampling stuff like that. None of them seem to actually be focusing on “real” drums.

1 Like