Addictive drums 2

You mention this one. When I install mashine does it not come with drum sounds? are they weak? when you menton midi only mode not enable software does that not assign drum sounds to the mashine without addictive drums or something else?

Hey Fiddy,

You can use any sounds you like. There are a lot of options. The situation as of now is as follows:

• The Maschine Mikro mk3 has great, sensitive pads. The software and sounds that come with Maschine mikro are more suited toward electronic music and hiphop beatmaking. They will not sound like you’re drumming on an acoustic drum kit.
  • That is ofcourse fine, but if you’re like me you want to hear “realistic” drums.
  • For that you will need a drum simulator plugin like Addictive Drums. Other similar plugins are EZ Drummer, BFD, Steven Slate drums, Native Instruments Abbey Road kits and more.
  • Any drum software you want to use can be used to play along with the lessons. I personally like Addictive Drums a lot because it’s easy to use, it sounds great and if you buy at the right moments it does not have to break the bank.
  • The biggest benefit of using Addictive Drums over other software is that I’m very good at crafting sounds with this plugin, so all the presets I provide are for Addictive Drums. That does not mean you can’t play some wonderful, great sounding drums with other software though. You’re just missing out on being able to copy my sounds 1:1.
  • Using your own setup, with your own preferred software will also require you to figure out how to make things work well, how to link sounds to pads etc. It can probably be done to an extent in Maschine software, but you will probably end up with something that is not that easy to use for some simple drumming. If you’re happy with it, you’re happy with it though and you can give it a chance for sure. I will just not be able to help you to “get it right” because I never managed to get it right with Maschine software myself :slight_smile:
1 Like