Drumming in Electronic Music Today

I thought this was interesting, since we work hard to make our controller-based drumming sound as real as possible, and there are touring drummers out there dealing with how to trigger samples live so that the music sounds like the programmed track the audience knows. The Importance Of Electronics In Modern Drumming

Haha yeah, to be honest our drum sounds dont really sound like “real” drums ever. All those presets in Addictive Drums are in a way already studio processed drums and a lot of them actually use those typical triggers that studio’s started using since the 90s. For extra kick drum power and snare power etc.

In a way, if you talk recording. There is no such thing as real or fake. Unless you’re in the room with the drummer :slight_smile:

For me personally the realness of the sounds inspires me more in the sense that my brain seems to engage when I make a crescendo and the sample doesnt stay the same but it actually sounds like you’re hitting louder and louder on a snare. Some natural connection forms. That’s why I think the sound is important to me. Not because I want things to be “real” in a conservative way.

And then, when I feel connected to the instrument the most important thing happens: My groove improves, and therefore the music get’s better and everyone is going to want to dance :slight_smile:

1 Like

The song you linked to sounds very nice by the way. Wonderful combo of sounds and great playing.