Breakbeat course + steven slate + maschine mikro mk3?

I just finished the beginner grooving and improving course and am excited to move on to intermediate courses. Has anyone figured out how to do the configuration Rob mentions in his breakbeat course with the free steven slate drums?

I had two ideas for approaches, but neither worked. I thought I might be able to duplicate a snare, set the volume to lower, and assign it to my two side pads, but I can’t figure out how to do that. I seem to be only able to edit the settings of existing drums.

My second idea was to just temporarily lower the velocity of my pads themselves. I tried using the controller editor to lower the pad velocity for the pads, but it seems to do nothing at all to lower the volume! I even went as far as to lower the velocity to 10 from 127, but the notes still ring out at full volume. I don’t know if I’m not “committing” the changes via the controller editor or something, but when I close it and load it again, it seems to remember the changes I’ve made, which makes me think it worked. I also see no “save” button or anything like that, other than saving the configuration settings to disk (which I also did).

1 Like

Hey, I’m gone from home (and therefore the home studio) until sunday so I cannot check right now, but what I can share is that sometimes when I need multiple versions of the same kit piece I simply make two drum tracks in my DAW. So in this case I would copy the whole drum track with the Steven Slate plugin on it and then adjust the snare, and mute every other kit piece.

I then record enable both drum tracks and then I can play.

Maybe you also need to remap or “disable” the normal snare on that copied kit and disable the “soft” snares on the original kit. But then it should work i think.

If you can’t figure it out and nobody else knows how to do it I can look into it as soon as I get back. Please post a little reminder (or email me) so I won’t forget.

Good luck!