Where to find the VIDEOs mentioned in the Beginner Lessons

Wow. I am so pleased to discover your work, Robert. I’ve owned a Korg PadKontrol for (too) many years without ever doing it justice (had to laugh when I watched your ‘How I got started’ video).

Marketing Insight: Your introduction video popped up on YouTube as I was researching an investment in an inexpensive eDrum kit (Alesis Nitro Mesh) which I DON’T really want to buy. I think you’ve saved me from a bad case of Buyer’s Remorse. =D

MY QUESTION: I’ve been reading through your Beginner Course, and find references to Videos. But I don’t see any videos… Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hey Tom,

I did change the beginner course over the years, adding and removing certain lessons. So maybe I say something somewhere that doesn’t make sense anymore. I am not aware of it though, can you specify which video’s I’m referencing that are not there?

If you don’t see any videos at all something is very wrong, because almost every lesson on the website also has a video :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as a reference, this is what a lesson should look like on a normal sized screen, with a video on the right side:

On tablets and phones the video will move positions but it should always be visible. Maybe there’s some weird browser issue (I use fairly modern css code for the styling of the site). If you use the latest version of chrome, or safari or microsoft edge it should work fine though… Internet explorer is a problem because it does not support more modern code.

1 Like

Oh, no. =0

I’m viewing your site and this discussion forum on a laptop, so the page design is different from what you intend. See image below. But that’s NO EXCUSE for my not seeing the video on each lesson page. Man! It’s gigantic and at the top-left!! Takes up most of the page!!!

DUH. So based on this first impression, can you imagine how I’ll struggle with finger drumming? First question: Which is my left hand?

Thank you, Robert. Not only are you very talented and an excellent teacher; you’re also a very patient man. =]

1 Like

haha, I must say, the triangle over the white letters is a design faux-pas on my part.

Glad it’s so easily solved!

I actually changed the play button :slight_smile: This shall not happen again to anyone. I’m sorry you had to embarrass yourself first, but know that you probably saved some other poor fellow a similar fate!

1 Like

Your site is a fine example of web design. Easy to navigate, aesthetically pleasing, loaded with concise information and entirely logical. Not surprising, considering the way you conduct your tutorials.

I just saw your note pop up regarding the video PLAY Button. PUH-LEEZ don’t change it based on my “Density.” Ha! Is it possible to DELETE this first (obtuse) post of mine? If I can do it via the Edit icon/feature I will. If not, please feel free to remove it and we can both pretend it never happened. =]

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

@bothhands Don’t delete it, please! I believe it is good for people to see how we all struggle with things, even if we feel dense afterward. In our world of only seeing perfect takes, it leads newbies to think everyone else is born a guru. :grinning:

2 Likes

Tom, it’s your decision. If you like to have the topic deleted I will do so for you. Let me know!

1 Like

@Lynnjamin I have to agree with you, and I find your perspective truly refreshing. Do you ever go someplace new and instantly feel like you’ve come to the right place? By the end of Robert’s Introduction video my impression was “fresh air” and I don’t get that from most YouTube presenters. This is a Good Place. Thanks for making it even better. =D

Thanks, Robert, but per Lynnjamin’s remarks and your own, appearing two posts earlier, I will suffer the slings and arrows (ha!) in service to my fellow finger drummers. Please leave this thread in place.

I will be studying more of your videos on YouTube. I learn the same way you do, as described in your “How I got started in finger drumming” video. But you present the information so well, and you’re putting so much into your website and this member forum…

I need some time to absorb what’s available “for free,” to test my coordination AND my dedication. When I’m sure I can settle down and DO THIS, I’ll lend financial support one way or another. Do Patreon patrons have access to lessons beyond your Beginner Lessons? Or are those reserved for Premier Members?

1 Like