Testimonials / Results

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if people would be willing to write me some testimonials about learning on The Quest for Groove. I get a lot of nice compliments, usually through email, but I feel like I might need to put some of those experiences out there in the open in order to maybe convince some more people that they’re in the right place :slight_smile:

I’m looking for any of the following (so only do what feels right for you):

• A testimonial here on the messageboards
  • A testimonial somewhere on social media
  • A short video of yourself talking about your experience here
  • A demonstration of the progress you made, or explaining / showing what you’ve learned so far

I hope I can get some nice clout from you guys!

3 Likes

I’ll start by posting some things I myself found or got sent, so at least there is already something here :slight_smile:

I signed up for the premium QFG content and vouch that it’s legit. Great website design and content that really helped me start drumming on the pads and understand rhytm in general. Thanks QFG! :blush:

Source: https://youtu.be/jP63znVEUJ4 (comment section)

+1 for quest for groove. Robert explains things in an easy way and he’s super responsive whenever I have a question.

Source: Reddit - Dive into anything

It’s been 1 week since I subscribed to the courses and here is the result in fun mode.
I am studying the lessons step by step, I am still at the beginning, but today I wanted to try if I could finally have fun, AND I CAN!
There are still a lot of mistakes, but I’m having a lot of fun!
Thank you for your great work Robert!

Source: After 1 week of training

Practicing the Amen break with the help of the Breakbeat course
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cb299mkjf1k/

Playing a badass Maneskin rock song with the QFG method: https://twitter.com/shinjikmusic/status/1416594520574095365?s=20&t=eonlb66WkVyz4Vw75d5JIA

1 Like

Source: https://twitter.com/Nw5R1/status/1560537565056233472?s=20&t=jlgZKXIgQnoSHKBeoZdWkw

Jakob’s first non-electronic song he ever produced, with some very dynamic and tastful drums on his Presonus Atom.

Performance: Jakob A. Geist - SonnenSee - YouTube

Via Email:

I’ve had drum machines for like 20 years but never knew how to really play them. I thought that I could never use both hands. I have learned so much with your videos these last couple of months and playing like I never thought I could. (for a beginner)
Very thankful I came across your lessons.

I have been learning with Quest For Groove for quite a long time now. The lessons are very easy to follow, challenging and really rewarding. There is so much content to work with, I don’t think that I will run out of things to learn for some time to come. Thanks Rob.

1 Like

Rage against the machine, plus another complimentary tweet from the same person:

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 16.18.06

From Swonic:

Yes, I can recommend Quest for Groove courses to anybody out there! Really great recourses. :slightly_smiling_face:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2CkMfQYDRg

From Aki:

The possibilities of finger drumming are endless. My learning process has been greatly accelerated by QFG course. You get all the support you need to reach your goal in finger drumming. I highly recommend QFG for anyone and especially for beginners. With a little investment you can save a lot of your precious time.

Source: Sent per email.

Hi, i have only been on this site for 24hours but already i’ve made major improvements in my technique following the beginners course. I will be signing up for the more advanced courses in the next few days.
I know its early days for me but i have to say this course and the way in which Rob explains stuff is clear and concise. He really looks like he’s loving the fact that we’re learning stuff and that in itself is really encouraging.
I’ll add more once i get stuck into the next course

1 Like

Source: How to Get Good at Finger Drumming? A Summary of Years of Practice - YouTube

Source: Did I fail as an artist by getting an office job? - YouTube

Eye of the tiger finger drumming cover from Paul:

Via email from Marvin:

Dear Rob

I hope you had a wonderful and merry Christmas. And as I’m already at it, I wish you a happy new year as well.

I just wanted to thank you very dearly. Your course is really astonishing! I’m essentially only one month in and I already learned SO much by finishing the “Grooving and Improving” course. I spent on average 2-3 days in each lesson, playing around 20-30 mins every time and I have to say I’m really impressed on how fast I was able to learn all these concepts.

My biggest surprise was on the last lesson of the course, where you make us play in 6/8. I picked it up very easily. And after that when you make us change between 6/8 and 4/4 and back, I just couldn’t believe how smoothly I was able to transition between both! And in such a short time!!!

This wouldn’t be possible without your amazing course and your help. Thanks once again. You’ve won a BIG time fan and a loyal student!

What you are doing here is amazing.

Best regards,
Marvin

Ok. First and foremost let me say that your attention to detail is impeccable. It really shows that you actually care about what you’re doing. And that is awesome. So much free content its crazy. I signed up for the course like 2 days ago and just now tonight I realized that I still haven’t even started the course and that I was still finishing up the free lesson. Now to what I really wanted to talk about. Over the past year I’ve dipped in and out of Melodics. Which got me to a great basic solid foundation. I realized after a while that unless they dramatically changed their program I most likely wasn’t going to get much further skill wise. I needed actual instruction. I needed practice routines to use every day. I needed some basic knowledge on Acoustic drums. I really wanted some grooves broken down to me from someone who knew what they were doing. I have searched the inter web over the years from time to time and come across random YouTube videos. I had seen a few of your videos, which I always enjoyed but for some reason never found the absolute treasure chest that is QFG. And if anybody else is reading this let me tell you this web page and course is pretty amazing. and the price for what you are getting blew me away. Moving on, before I found QFG I came across another course from another YouTuber I had seen from time to time. He is an amazing finger drummer. Like one of the best Ive seen, at least one that makes videos on Youtube. He has a basic course and a master class course that he was offering. A 1 month basic course for like $99 and then the 10 week masterclass for $280. Which sounded expensive at first but then I thought 10 weeks of having this guy coach me. I guess I’m in. His video testimonials of prior students all said he was a game changer. Well let me say I learned a fair amount of knowledge from his masterclass. But I did it in 2 days. Let me repeat…2 DAYS. Mostly it was just low budget videos of him showing some basic acoustic drum warm ups, basic knowledge about timing, tempo, rudiments, and a fair amount more. For his course I would say I left feeling as though I paid way too much for what I actually got. And I don’t necessarily feel like it’s his fault. Not everybody is meant to teach. Although his teaching wasn’t bad. He explained things very well. It all just felt very rushed. I guess I’ll say not everybody is meant to develop masterclasses on a webpage and display it to the masses as a quality product they feel comfortable selling for $280. But to him he is sharing over 18 years of knowledge he most likely worked his ass off to attain. So to me although his masterclass presentation wasn’t worth the money I still think his info and passion was worth it. Plus like this page you become a lifelong member to watch new videos and on line chats and stuff. That brings us to yesterday when I stumbled onto another QFG video on Youtube. Only this time I realized there was an actual website. Which is clearly announced all the time throughout the videos Im just a sufferer from selective hearing, says my mother at least. When I found the class that Robert was offering I got pretty excited. Another Finger Drumming class. this good news. Another perspective. More info. After watching the breakdown of the course and seeing Roberts attention to detail I thought well this class is going at the very least cost what the other one did. I just dropped $280 and at the moment Im not willing to take chance. I sure did wish there was a few different payment options. And low ad behold there was. $19.99 for a month seemed like a great price for me to at least see what’s actually being offered and if I like I then ill pay for the yearly subscription. Which I also liked because that told me that this “class” doesn’t really “end”. Constant instruction for much less than what I just previously paid for. So I signed up and once again, and I can’t stress this enough, this course literally offered everything I felt I needed and beyond. It’s almost as if the man read my mind. The breakdowns of each lesson with examples, music backing tracks, even sheet music if you want. I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t even started the actual course yet . Can you tell I’m pumped up about this. One would think I had already finished with all this info Im sharing. You can tell Robert cares about what he’s doing here. It’s extremely genuine. And anybody that puts as much heart, soul, and hard work into a product as Robert has, well they can just take my money and attention every time. Really he should charging at least double what he is charging if not more. Just based on how much info and detail he is displaying honestly I could see this class going for $400-$600 more than what he’s offering. After I paid $280 for the previous class this course seemed like an absolute no brainer. And really that isn’t me trying downplay the other course from the other guy. His class was cool. But its just hard to compare when put up against QFR. Really it’s not even close. QFG is like a real college course on finger drumming. ok I just wrote a damn novel. Just wanted to make sure I conveyed my recent experience to the best of my ability because I AM appreciative for both courses. Just that this one kicks serious ass. The End

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this novel! :slight_smile: It means a lot to me to read that you appreciate what I’m doing here. Throughout the years I sometimes wonder if I’m not taking things too far by being so detail oriented. It takes a lot of time and energy to do things well… But, I read this comment and I immediately know what I know deep down… This is just the way to go.

So thank you, I will use this post as fuel for making my lessons even better over the coming year!

Oh by the way, you’re writing $99 a month… In american dollars at least it’s $19,99 a month :slight_smile: