Website Updates!

• Today I finished a streak of a couple of weeks of coding on the QFG website. I was planning on just fixing some stuff in the backend because some services that I used for automating things (Zapier) quintupled their prices as of November 1st.
  • So, I just coded those automations myself and while doing that I got into the flow and went ahead with some pretty big updates in the front end as well!
  • Here’s the list:
  1. Testimonials on the website! I’m a modest guy but I felt like this was long overdue. You cannot post your testimonial to the site yourself. I just pick good ones from over here :slight_smile:

1. User stats! Some modest gamification here. You can get streak points if you show up at least within 4 days of your previous visit. 10 streak points = one STAR and the star will never reset, so it’s a little memory of whenever you were doing great and showing up consistently.

You also see your number of completed lessons and courses here (marked as completed by yourself that is)

Course completion bar, number of video lessons inside and “continue in course” button!
The course main page was a bit of a nothing page in the past if you were logged in. But now you can visit the main course page, see how many of the lessons with a video you marked as completed (because lesson with just text are usually exceptions and it would be stupid if you had to mark all of those as completed to get a 100% score)

AND you can press the button to go to whichever was the last lesson in that particular course. Handy if you’ve been gone for a while.

Oh… and the course page now looks more flashy. Again, I’m a modest guy but you gotta do what you gotta do these days.

1. GOLD! Finally some bling. If you marked a course as “completed” and you go to either the Paths view or the Grid view of the main courses overview page, you will see your completed courses in GOLD and also a little transparent so your main focus will be on what to do next. Hover over the card to see it in its full golden shiny glory.

===

Alright, I hope I made some people happy. Now I’m off working on a Moeller technique course that is due for the end of this year.

Love,
Robert

5 Likes

By the way, a lot of these new features start logging things as of “now” which means that the website will only remember the last lesson of each course that you’ve visited as of TODAY.

So it won’t know what you did yesterday. From now on it will remember though.

2 Likes

Wow Rob. This site is Kicking. I just bought my Maschine MK3, and Addictive Drums 2, setup Pads to QFG layout. Having so much Fun. Taking it little by little as I will then go into Premium Monthly or Yearly. Keep up the Great Work, and Thank you for Everything.

Kind Regards,

Brian aka Beshine & The Eke-Outs

2 Likes