Steven Slate Drums FREE drum plugin

Hey folks, for all of you looking for a cheap alternative to Addictive Drums:
Here’s a 100% free drumkit from Steven Slate! >> https://stevenslatedrums.com/ssd-free/

1 Like

This is not compatible with macOS Big Sur - it does say so on the download page but I didn’t notice until I’d installed 2Gb of samples. It looks a bit sad.

I only run the plugin inside my DAW on Big Sur and it does work when used as a plugin. Don’t have the standalone installed (did not check if it existed actually since I never use it that way). But if you have a DAW you can probably make everything work is what I’m saying :slight_smile:

Thanks - and interesting, this screenshot was with it running inside Logic Pro X. If you have it working on Big Sur, I will keep prodding it. Their web page specifically says it doesn’t work so I gave up at that point! (I did not see a standalone, only the plugin).

I just ran it again on Reaper just now. Both VST and AU version of the plugin are working!

Thanks for taking the time to check it.

Still no joy with the AU in Logic here. Rebooted and everything. Sometimes it’s the black screen I posted before, other times this warning:
Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 15.01.31
However, I figured I might be able to run the VST through Komplete Kontrol and that appears to work. Good enough to get started anyway :slight_smile:

I have a Maschine Mikro Mk3 coming tomorrow and can’t wait to get going!

1 Like

I saw this recommended for a free kit option, but I can’t figure out what to… do with it. It seems like it’s a plugin intended to go inside a DAW? I don’t see a recommendation for what DAW to use though. Any advice?

Edit: I think the long story short is: yes, I need a DAW or some program to load the kit into. I decided to bite the bullet and get a mikro mk3 and am going to try following the tutorial here once it comes in.

1 Like

Hey, that is actually the perfect solution you just found. With the maschine mikro you will get the maschine software and then you should be able to run that Steven Slate FREE plugin inside the Maschine software and set it up as described in the video.

If you’re ever interested in recording and making full songs, looking into what DAW to start using is for sure something I would recommend, but if you’re fine playing and recording beats with Maschine software you should be completely fine with this setup and nothing else.

Let me know if you have everything and there are still problems setting things up. We will make this work!

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like