Section 1 lesson 2 tempo question

Im just taking Grooving and improving section 1 lesson 2. I would like to insert that track on Ableton, but tempo screws it a bit.
What tempo would that be? I counted around 75 myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very Slow - 77
Slow - 85
Medium - 93
Fast - 102

If you warp any of them with the warp mode ‘beats’, Live will adjust them virtually perfectly to any BPM.

2 Likes

Thanks for making the work for me :smiley:
I already had forgotten that tool in Ableton… Saw it once in some tutorial but has been too long ago

2 Likes

@mps15 , the best part of putting the lesson tracks in Ableton (or any DAW I would guess) is that you only need to download one tempo because you can choose your tempo’s in the DAW. If the lesson has a bit of a tricky beat to play you can start as slow as you and work up to a comfortable tempo. I think @Robert_Mathijs would agree that getting the beat right and playing it consitantly is a bit more important than being ablt to play it fast.

I use Ableton (just waiting for Live 11 to arrive) and nearly at the end of Grooving and Improving, I usually have about 5-6 tracks setujp with various backing from the course and a selection of Kits to play setup in the 4 x 4 format. When I get to a tempo that makes me screw up, its time to back it off a little. Aiming for accuracy and consistancy. I wouldn’t worry too much about the actual tempo’s. Also when you can keep up with Rob in the videos, you are probably playing at the fastest tempo for that track anyway. Great fun though. Enjoy. :smiley:

1 Like

Ye im not too much following the tempo Robert is using. Just felt like that slow one is pretty good for me at the moment :slight_smile:

Yes for sure! Creating your own perfect tempo in your DAW is the best. That way you can for exmaple increase the tempo with 2bpm over the course of 1 week and increase the speed with 14bpm while it feels like you’re not speeding up at all day to day :slight_smile:

Getting things 100% right at a lower tempo is the fastest way to succes. I still do it with everything.

1 Like