One pad not responding on Maschine Mikro MK3

Hello!

Just started my adventure here and received a used MK3 purchased from guitar center
Everything works beautifully except for pad #3.
You can strike it and a midi signal registers in the daw and the controller editor, however the pad’s light and sound do not respond. Occasionally with a hard hit it will trigger light and noise.
Here’s the strange part. If I have it in any orientation other then face up it works with the lightest of pressure just like the other 15 pads. On any of the sides or even upside down it works great.
Any one ever open one of these, and is it worth self diagnosing? I’d prefer to remedy this then go through the time and hassle of returning this in the mail and awaiting another

Option 1: Take it back to Guitar Center
Option 2: Open it up and give it a good clean, look for loose connections around that pad

Good luck!

One more thing to do might be to put in a fresh pad sensor sheet from MPCstuff. Depending on where you live (shipping costs) this might be a relatively cheap DIY solution to the problem. Opening up the Maschine is not a big deal as long as you’re careful, don’t start pulling and pushing and diligently look for that one screw that you missed and didn’t yet unscrew :slight_smile:

I opened up mine without any problems.

Here’s the link to the sensor sheet by the way: Native Instruments Maschine / Mikro MK3 Pad Sensor Sheet Replacement

Thank you for the suggestions
Wound up taking it apart, dusting it off and reassembling it. The pad is responding much better. I’ll order a sensor sheet and see if that improves over all sensitivity across all the pads. I would prefer a more responsive instrument.

1 Like

Make sure you clean those pad sensors themselves before putting on the new sheet. I think the residue of the old pad sensor sheet thats’s still on there could make a small difference.