Maschine Mikro Mk1 vs Mk3, is it worthy?

Hi there!

This is my first post. I’m starting with the beginners course on finger drumming. I am going to buy the gear to start. I was thinking on buying the NI Maschine Mikro MK3 as it seems a fantastic product. I already own a NI keyboard and I’m happy with the quality.

I’ve checked on Internet and found a second hand Mikro MK1 (“used sparingly”, at least what the sellers says) for about 70€. MK3 new costs 222€. I don’t think they new one is expensive, but do you know what am I getting extra compared to the MK1? Is it worth getting a new one?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

1 Like

I think the mk3 will be better than the mk1. I haven’t personally played the mk1 but I know that the mk3 line (the bigger ones) for sure improved sensitivity over previous generations and now that the mikro mk3 has come so close to its bigger brother it almost certainly has to be better than its predecessors.

1 Like

Thanks, Robert! I was almost convinced about the Mk3 but this helps me knowing that it’s the right thing to do. Besides the quality of the HW, I thought that it would help me to follow tutorials as I find many videos on YT about how to work with the Mikro Mk3.

I’m really enjoying your videos and course!

1 Like