I have poly grid midi and want to know the sample names from ableton live 12 to match the tutorial drum pad setup

i have poly grid midi and want to know the sample names from ableton live 12 to match the tutorial drum pad setup

This is the best Ableton tutorial we have on here: [Guide] QFG Layout in Ableton

There are no specific guides on the website for every specific setup. There is an obvious reason for this, which is that it would lead to thousands of combinations. I cannot learn how to use every device with every DAW. But the topic mentioned above does explain how most people set up Ableton for finger drumming!

thankyou very much. i got the downloads just trying to figure out how to set all up. I’m completely new with all of this music production, Ableton, finger drumming. midi controllers, Poly Grid, rea electro drum pad, n track, studio free drum studio, LK, Fluidsynth MIDI, Imangindo, FRMS, and loops. Pretty well everything on the computer. I’ve been in construction all my life. love to dance and have been very interested in this process for years now. i have finally been able to set up my own studio to work in and will be taking your beginner course right away once i get the poly grid setup as yours is for Ableton. i just downloaded addictive drums demo too. as i said I’m new to all this so would the addictive drum be the better way to go or should i continue working with Ableton since that’s the DAW i will be using for all my other music programs

1 Like

Well, Addictive Drums is a plugin that will work with any daw as well as standalone.

You can set up Addictive Drums to work inside ableton with the ableton drum rack as well.

You do not need it though. As long as you can find some nice drum sounds you like inside the ableton drum rack you can also just use those.

If you want to get the exact drum sounds I’m using then you should get Addictive Drums, since I have presets for everything.

Usually for the Fairfax 1, black oyster and funk kits.

awesome. i just downloaded the trial with that fairfax. this way i can get on the lesson right away

1 Like

I remember that in the past the trial did not have all the kit pieces. So for example the toms were missing. Maybe they changed that now, but in case you don’t get all the sounds, then it’s because of that.

yeah i dont get them all in here mioght be better for me to figure out how to set up Ableton

1 Like