How to layout the pads on launchpad pro Mk3 to ableton using addictive drums

I just bought a launchpad pro mk3. I’m trying to layout or map the pads to work with addictive drums 2. It’s not like Ableton’s drum rack where you just drag and drop into the rack. What is the best approach?

Hey Adam,

I sure hope someone here can help out. You might also wanna check out this topic about using drum racks in Ableton: Ableton Drum Effects Rack for finger drumming

Cheers,
Robert

@adam Hi! I have a Launchpad X, so maybe the process is a little different, but Novation has the Components application that allows you to customize the pads. Set the pads to different notes (it doesn’t matter which notes, but make it systematic for troubleshooting later). Then in AD2, you use MIDI learn to assign a kit piece to each pad in the GFG layout. Don’t give up! It’s challenging but so worth it when those first few kick drums start thumping. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: We all went through it, and we will help you when you get stuck.

1 Like

Thanks Guys, got it set up now! All I need now is the discipline to learn how to play it lol!

2 Likes