Pad mapping in Maschine Mikro mk3?

Hi,
I have started this week with finger drumming. I have been able to configure the free versions of Addictive Drums 2 and SSD 5 in Logic Pro X.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to map the pads in NI own instruments. I’ve followed a few videos unsuccessfully. Has anyone been able to configure NI sw instruments + NI Mikro mk3 + Logic Pro X?

I know Robert has a video where he maps the pads with NI Abbey Road drums, which is part of Komplete. But I’m kind of hesitant to buy Komplete while currently I’m not able to map the pads with the instruments that I have.

PD: I think I will buy NI Komplete on the next sale offer, so I’d rather avoid spending money on the paid version of the other drum kits.

1 Like

So why not stick with SSD5 until you can buy Komplete. Don’t like the way the kit sounds?

1 Like

@eduard I don’t know anything about Logic as I use Ableton Live. But I much prefer to use Ableton over NI’s DAW type product. Ableton has drum racks, I would imagine (but don’t know) that Logic would have something similar. There is a way to drag the Samples from NI’s drums into an Ableton Drum Rack which then makes it really easy to configure the kit for Q4G pad layout. The other method I use is to look at all my One Shots and make up my kits using those again in the Q4G layout.

Hope this helps.

IC

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m doing now, but the drums that come with the basic Komplete Select sound so much better.

Thanks, I will try that.

So, I have been able to put the NI Maschine into the drum rack in Ableton, but the pads are mapped exactly the same as in Maschine. I don’t know how can I set up in Ableton that “this pad triggers this sound”.

@eduard - If you have Ableton and the drum racks then its possible to use NI Drum Kits in Ableton Drum Racks. If you just load up Maschine as a VST in Ableton, the drum kits stay as they would if you use Maschine as a standalone.

Take a look at Sanjay C’s video on my YouTube Channel: - Reed Sound Productions - YouTube - he explains how to NI sounds without using NI Software. He is another Ableton user. This might help. Its entitled " Using Maschine Sounds without using Maschine".

IC

1 Like

Thanks Ivan. Yes, I was able to do that (I watched the same SC video after your first comment), but what I was trying is to map pads in the QFG style.

I think I will stay with SSD5 until there is a NI sale.

2 Likes

You can, just drop the samples or one shots into the drum rack in the Q4G format or pattern. In Maschine, there is a way to arrange those kits inside Maschine in the Q4G style too but its not straight forward. I think Rob did a video on this once. The issue is that Maschine doesn’t allow the same sample to be used twice on different notes. I tend to steer away from NI sounds and definitely won’t purchase any, I can’t be bothered to fidle about finding ways to make them record directly into Ableton. I mainly use Ableton Sounds, I do have SSD5 (free version), but I have put together to quite good Q4G drum racks. I have them all in one project for drum practice, about 6 differetn racks on 6 tracks. Then put Robs audio files on Audio tracks because I can change the tempo to suite me (slower to begin and slowly speed up).

Good luck with the drumming.

1 Like