Newbie, Open HiHat Question

I purchased the Maschine Mikro MK3 and Addictive Drums and have configured the keyboard based on your suggestions. The Open HiHat is different than what I hear in the video (F#2 suggested). I used Fairfax Vol. 1. Is the AD code for Open HiHat different?

Looking forward to learning. Be well and safe.

Respectfully,

John

Hey John,

I think there are different stages of “openness” for the hi hat. I think I mostly use the open A sound, but sometimes I use B or C. Mostly A though, which is only slightly open and not all the way. That does make a difference for sure.

See screenshot. Let me know if you can find a nice sound this way!

Thank you very much Robert. Higher velocity HH Open A, plus hooking up the audio interface and headphones rather than playing through MacBook audio, seems to have brought me closer to the sound in your video. Very helpful. Thanks again. Look forward to your courses!

1 Like

Good idea! Macbook audio also has a slight delay compared to a dedicated audio interface set to a low buffer size.

You can use the macbook audio and you will adjust to it, but I don’t recommend it because it means you will get used to playing with about 10 milliseconds of delay. Much better to keep the latency as low as possible.

1 Like