MIDIpaks and Kitpiece Paks for Addictive Drums 2

Please advise a complete n00b.

After getting Addictive Drums 2: Custom with the Fairfax 1, Black Oyster and Funk kits, I’ve still to choose 3 “MIDIpaks” and 3 “Kitpiece Paks”.

Are there any I should be definitely be getting? Specifically, are there any that are required for any of the courses?

Having just finished the free beginner course, I’m currently on Grooving & Improving. I’m definitely improving, but a n00b is what he is, and ALL of this is new to me.

I’ve grabbed 2 screens and posted them below. If anyone could give them a looksy and advise I’d be very grateful.

Thank you :pray:

3 Likes

The masterworks piccolo snare is cool! The Cajon also very nice.

And then maybe choose between the bongo’s or the brazilian Pandeiro.

Midi packs no idea, i play everything myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanking you kindly!

Really enjoying the courses you’ve put together. :+1:

1 Like

@Robert_Mathijs which AD2 packs are good for jazz sounds? I watched a jazz patterns video by you – what sounds were you using there?

1 Like

There is actually a Jazz sticks and Jazz brushes kit. For the best Jazz vibes you want both but if you have to choose get the brushes kit because you can use stick hits from other kits whereas the brushes hits are unique to that Jazz brushes kit.

2 Likes

@Robert_Mathijs one more folllow-up here… I’m grabbing Jazz Brushes which means I can pick 2 of the 3 AD kits you recommend (Black Oyster, Fairfax 1 and Funk). Which 2 would give me the best stick hits to use with the brushes and also the best coverage of the sounds you use in the courses? Hope that’s not too hard a question. :grin:

1 Like

I’d say get Fairfax 1 and Black Oyster!

1 Like

My personal favorite kit piece is the Sonar Designer Snare. It has a really great metallic ring to it. Soundsjust like the drummer the band 311.

1 Like

I know MIDIpaks are sort of frowned on around here, of course we play everything ourselves! :smile:
That being said, MIDIpak beats can be so fun and inspirational. I love the Funk 1 and 2 sets. Sometimes I just press play on one of those funky beats and try out all sorts of kitpieces and presets and just let the grooves get into my brain. I figure since I paid all this money for AD2, and the MIDIpaks come along with the applications, why not have some fun with them?

2 Likes