Copy drums from AD to MPC Live 2?

HI,

I have a MPC Live 2 and I wanted to ask what is the best way to copy the drums from Addictive Drums to a drum program? Does the “Learn” feature also work with MPC Live 2 - I somehow wasnt able to make it work?

Also which drum set from AD is used in the tutorials so I can follow closely?

Cheers

Hey Cezary,

In order to use Addictive Drums 2 sounds, you have to use the Addictive drums VST plugin. You cannot just copy the samples into some other sampler. The reason fr this is that Addictive drums does all of these things like picking the right sample based on the velocity of your drum hits and also making things sound like a realistic recording by alternating multiple samples of the same velocity.

That makes it sound different, but it is also the reason wy it does not function as a regular sample pack.

There are no standalone pad controllers that can run an external VST plugin like addictive drums. So if you want to play standalone on MPC Live you just have to pick different sounds that are built in. It won’t sound the same, but you can of course play the same patterns.

I build all my presets with the Black Oyster, Fairfax 1 and Funk kits, which you can select after buying Addictive Drums 2 custom: Custom Collection - XLN Audio

1 Like

Ok got it. Thank you!

1 Like