April 2022 livestreams [RECAP]

Stream #1 over here: Livestream April #1 - YouTube

In this stream we talked about:

• How to play “Sultans of Swing” by Dire Straits
  • How to practice on the road / vacation, with no pad controller
  • Tweaking Tom Sounds and other cool sound shaping stuff in Addictive drums

All timelinks / Chapters can be found in the video!

Stream #2 over here: Livestream April #2 - YouTube

In this stream we talked about:

• How annoying it is I have to use my backup computer because my mac is in repair.
  • How to play “Tennessee Whiskey”. A tasty, 6/8 groove. Some general tips and direction on how to approach such a beat.

All timelinks / Chapters can be found in the video!

From Lorenz:
Hello Rob, how are you? 😊

I’ve been a member of your site for quite some time and played through all the Easy, awesome and real stuff…love it!

Now I was planning on doing a Sultans of Swing guitar cover and couldn’t figure out a solid drum pattern for the Verse/Solos 1 & 2…

What Kind of pattern would you recommend? Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just wanna get the General feel!

Thanks a lot in Advance!

From skillneedee

Hi, Robert. Could you please consider breaking down sometime this song: Teddy Swims - Tennessee Whiskey (Live From Our Basement) - YouTube

I really like the drumpart. Unfortunately I can’t read notes (the only thing I could find on the internet). Would be nice to have at least tabs.

Awesome course by the way. Can’t thank you enough.

Haribol!

Hello Rob

I follow the lesson for the maschine one but idon’t see anywhere in the website how to use the lessons wit 2x4 pad horizontal .

I can help you with that right now.

https://questforgroove.com/course/beginnercourse/exceptional-situations/more-or-less-than-16-pads-other-layouts/

And then click the tab you want to see the layout for.

Searching for existing tutorials or guiles on how to tune drum sounds

During my preparation for playing a drum cover I try to find a drum sound similar to what I hear on an original recording. Then I try to adjust AD settings for each drum piece to match the sound.

But I do not really understand how different settings work and I did not found a good source on this information. Specifically, Im trying to understand

• how to use tone designer and why it is not available for toms
  • how to use comp & dist
  • how to muffle (remove obertones from) toms

UPD:
Few links I found useful