Akai MPK249 any good for QFG drumming?

Looking to get started with music production. Will mainly be doing so with iPad Pro 2020 so will be buying a keyboard and had settled on the Akai MPK Mini. Have now found this wonderful place and soooo want to learn to finger drum well. I really want to get pads that are half decent and happy to go for Maschine Mikro if I need to. But, I wondered what the 4x4 set up of pads on the Akai MPK249 where like in terms of the things QFG looks for. (Sensitivity, consistency, low latency). Has anyone used them or has QFG reviewed them? Just to be clear, I was getting the smaller AKAI for use with iPad. But would get the 249 for the pads for use in PC if it will save me getting a keyboard AND the Maschine Mikro.

Forget the question. I have decided to go for the Maschine Mikro, and just get a smaller midi keyboard for keys.

1 Like

I think that’s a wise decision!

It WAS a wise decision. I got it and tried it and it is an amazing machine. However, I decided to send it back as I really want a machine I can use as a midi input on my iPad Pro, which I have now settled on using with Cubasis. I am now looking at finding a pad controller, that will be able to be in input to Cubasis on my iPad, but has the kind of pads I want, to be able to follow your courses. I am at the moment looking at the ATOM and the Aura. However, finding information that tells me for sure if either of them will drive Cubasis, and be mappable, is difficult. I might just have to get them from amazon and send them back if they don’t work the way I want them :slight_smile:

1 Like