Advanced course suggestion

I’d like to learn more about polyrythms and unconventional measures like 7/4 etc. That are common for tribal music and sometimes in popular music. I believe it can be a great exercise for hands and brains;) here is small example of what I am talking about:

(sorry if this topic is already covered)

1 Like

I found this video a while back. Makes it look very easy to do polyrythms. Haven’t tried it myself (I’m a stricly 4/4 kinda guy).

1 Like

Thanks! Will put that on my list (which is getting a little long I must confess :-)) It is probably a good addition to a hands independence course or something.

1 Like

Another suggestion would be to merge patterns so information about ghost notes could be absorbed from pad diagrams! Now I should look at both which seems unnecessary effort…

You mean like this? If you look closely you can see the double tap in both diagrams. This is a new thing that I started doing in the Funk course because I now have a new way of creating the diagrams (they’re images now instead of html code)

Oh, I didn’t try funk course yet! The layout looks great, can you share some image with ghost notes? Also, do you plan to involve some other aspects of dynamics (besides ghost notes)?

Regards

1 Like

Do you see those double notes that overlap on the picture? Those are ghost notes.

I do discuss dynamics in multiple ways, but my experience with fingerdtumming and dynamics is you can play loud or soft and with a food controller also somewhere in the middle.

And with those options you have to also use velocity curves based on what you want to play. So for example in the bossa nova course I set the velocity curve to completely cut out the loudest velocity layer because you don’t use that in mellow music like bossa nova.

And that way you have more dynamic range within the mellow soft sound.

So… yeah, those types of tricks.

2 Likes

Oh I see, the hollow represents ghost! Great, thank you! :wink:

1 Like

Aiight, I will port the rest of the lessons over to this system over the coming weeks / months together with the new version of the website.

1 Like