Unable to download preset

Hey! Not sure what’s going on but in this lesson when I download the attached file it’s a zip with html file in it and however I try to import it into addictive drums, I just can’t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey! I’m looking into it and it looks like a recent update of Addictive Drums 2 broke the import functionality. Normally, if you drag and drop a preset file (its not really an html file, thats just how mac os interprets it) into the addictive drums interface, it will automatically load the preset.

But… all of a sudden this does not work anymore. I’m gong to email XLN audio and ask them… maybe it’s a bug. This used to work fine up until very recently.

Update: Looks like other presets still work. I will see if it helps to recreate the preset file. Keep u posted.

I fixed it! Please, refresh the page, download the new zip file, unzip and then drag the preset file into the AD2 interface. The preset then loads and then you can save it to easily reload it at any time.

The problem was the extension. It should be a *.AD2Preset file and not a *.ad2preset file… Capital letters matter apparently.

That’s awesome, as always thanks for taking care of my problem so swiftly!
I’ll be practicing the beat today. It seems to be on a ‘tricky’ side but it sounds so great there’s no giving up until I get it right :slight_smile:
Have a great Sunday!

1 Like

Good luck and let me know how it goes and / or if you get stuck somewhere. I’m working on an update for this course and want to make some small changes to make it a smoother learning experience for the student.

1 Like