Inconsistent sensitivity with presonus atom

Hey I just bought the Presonus Atom and im not sure how i feel about it. I’ve added a video where i highlight the problem im having.

A lot of the time im getting double triggered on the high hat (As seen in the beginning) Meanwhile i also have a lot of issue of getting the kick drum reliably activated with my thumb. Is it just because i am a newb or is this a reocurring issue with the Atom? I’m thinking of just sending it back and getting a pad that is a lot lighter sensitivity wise since i feel like i really have to smack the damn thing for reliable hits.
Any recommendations for a pad that is a bit more sensitive?

BTW: Im a lefty so i’ve changed the layout according to what matthijs said.

1 Like

The pads of the atom should respond the same way, but it is true that the pads respond better when you hit them in a certain spot on the pads themselves (so middle or sides or top or bottom). Is that the case with you as well?

EDIT: I made some comment about pressure treshold, but that’s incorrect…

That said, the Atom is the best controller for $150, but it’s a lot less good than the Maschine mikro mk3 ($250) or the Nektar Aura (which i literally tested two days ago and costs $350).

So if all of the above does not help, spending some more will give you more responsiveness for sure!

Oops, ignore that comment about pressure treshold… thats incorrect.

do you have a review of the Aura somewhere. I know this one will work with iPad Pro, but would like to know if it can be remapped to suite QFG mapping.