Going further.......my experience and wish list

Well, my journey to fingerdrumming started with your videos and knowledge…thank’s for sharing.! from there, after many hardware choices and options, finally went for the mpd218 for terms of price/features/starter. Obviously a MK3 would better, but need to start and see. Now, pad sensitivity…well, nothing is perfect, but found myself that, after some practising, my finger and hands get tired and pain, specially same fingers for Hhat/snare/bdrum. So at beginning of session, all sound well but after a while, skills are not the same because of fatigue. Here starts the sensitivity quest and doubts…
Really think that if the MPD had individual settings for sensitivity/velocity curve/strenght for each pad would be great! I Would need different sense setting for Bd or HHat. Any device in the market with this feature?
Guess no, as far as I know. This would be a true hit really focused to Fingdrumming. Would love a Maschine Nano MK3 only with pads…

1 Like

Part II:
Well, so maybe we can talk to NInstruments, and try to convince them to build our dream finger drum device…… not difficult, just a MPD218 layout with the pad quality of the MK3…. ok, ok wake up…
Or, on other side, was wondering if the software for the akai mpd218 coul be tuned/modified/ha**ed” so that individual pad sens/velocity settings. Just midi flow programming…? I dunno.

Hey, individual pad calibration is almost never a thing. The Korg PadKontrol had it, but in all honesty, those pads also don’t respond that great compared to a Maschine micro which just has a global curve.

Have you seen my lesson about velocity curves? To me, that is the way to tweak the response of individual sounds. Not in the controller, but in the software drumkit. I think this is an easy way to do this and I demonstrate it well if I may say so myself!

It is really important to make the sounds respond to what you need, so you’re not banging on those pads when you need something to sound loud.

well yes, I did see it time ago, but now I’ve seen it again and have to say that now fullfills my doubts more than the first time. And from it, I got the idea to have different velocity layouts for different styles of songs can help a lot. Think I’ll go that way. Thx! …nobody from NI reading, getting the just-pads-Nano MK3 device…?

My guess is NI is indeed not reading this pretty small forum :slight_smile: Also, it seems as if the company is not in optimal form these days. They’ve seen better times. I wonder what they’ll develop in the future, but it might be a while before they come up with something new after Maschine +