Drum beat diagram

I found this fun video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lzqpgQYVXU and decided I wanted to try the first beat for myself.
And because I normally forget everything I made a QFG style diagram for.
Sharing it here were hopefully somebody else has any use of it.

4 Likes

Nice! I love Stephen Taylor. Very nice guy and teacher who actually learned me some basic stuff when I just started. I mean, I bought one of his courses and played the beats on my Korg pad kontrol :slight_smile:

Looks and sounds great!
I am curious to know if there is simple way to make such diagrams?
Best regards

I just used PowerPoint

1 Like

Is there specific reason for different colors you used? I dont have a lot experience in this, but it seems that color code for a specific hand could be useful.

It’s Robert’s convention that he uses in all the courses: red = right hand, orange is left

2 Likes

I will change it to "Red square = Dominant hand and Orange Diamond is non-dominant hand.

So for most people its still: right = red and orange = left
Only difference is for left-handed people who now have to flip things around :slight_smile:

This will future proof the diagrams for colourblind people and will make it easier for me to make diagrams for left and right handed people.

I wrote the new funk course down that way and will start converting the old courses to that format as well.