Any MPC gurus among us?

I got an MPC One and I’d love to hear how others are using an MPC along with QFG methods. The ordinary MPC forums are helpful, but most people are recording beats and layering stuff up. I just want to play, groove, and improve. I found a good sounding acoustic kit and set it up with cycled triggering and it’s not too bad sounding. Very nice pads! Maybe we can help each other getting the MPC to do what we want it to.

1 Like

Great initiative! I guess my contribution to this will be trying to reach more people so the messageboards will come alive some more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently I’ll have to hurry up and become an MPC guru until another one more qualified shows up. Until then, I know my way around the standalone MPC One, so if anyone is struggling I can probably get an answer for you.
If someone wonders if the MPC One is good for finger drumming, I can say yes it is and it does a lot more than just act as a MIDI controller. Even one-shot samples can sound amazing and is so easy to record yourself and find out where you can improve. Here is one of my favorite artists from a while back. B Durazzo Live Fingerdrumming on Two MPCs

1 Like

I am coming into a very old thread but what the heck.

Seeing Durazzo live 10 years ago made me want an MPC but I was a broke college kid!
Got the MPC One just this month to use as a sequencer/“brain” with an ipad and a hardware synth or two. It’s hard to resist deep diving into finger drumming now that I have it.

I don’t love the pad sensitivity, but I think I prefer toggling full/half velocity and just adjusting in the pad mixer to get the levels I want.

FYI for a good acoustic drum kit I used mostly the built in MPC Acoustic, with a couple sounds (hi hats?) from the Condo kit (maybe from the also-built-in F9 expansion).

2 Likes

Hey, I have used the 60, 2000XL, 1000 and 2500 extensively and I found that all of them benefit from aftermarket parts upgrades. Im not sure how much this will apply to the newer models, but my 2500 was near unusable for finger drumming prior to changing the pads on it to the MPC Stuff thick pads. I recently got a Maschine Plus and honestly the 2500 is almost as sensitive and a little nicer to play.

If I can answer any other questions just let me know. I don’t have tonnes of knowledge on the new models but I owned a Live mark 1 briefly so it’s not entirely alien.

Good luck on the MPC journey!

1 Like