Addictive Drums vs "?"

by ??? I speak of MINDst by Modalics. It was actually a mention on their Discord server that brought me here. MINDst (pronounced Mind set!) is a plugin with a set of sampled drums that to my ears sound really good. I’m lucky that I also have Addictive Drums so I was able to download the Robo 4x4 with extra pads.syx file and load it onto my Launchpad X. Only thing now is to learn how to use it :wink:

I’d be interested in what Rob or anyone else thinks of these new upstarts! They are really good guys and have a couple of other products, Beat Scholar and EON ARP that are well worth looking into, apart from MINDst.

I hope this doesn’t come across as an advert for Modalics. I’m just a happy customer who thinks that this might be of interest to people here. Warning, these people are serious drummers in the sense of hitting solid objects with sticks, but maybe some communication might be of mutual benefit :wink:

Hey I had a listen just now. Great sounding kit! The thing with new drum plugins nowadays is that a lot of it is simply great sounding stuff. So if you love the sound of this kit and want to start using it in your recordings or something, I’d say buy it! No reason to pick Addictive Drums over this kit.

What I like about Addictive drums personally is that I simply know how to tweak every sound to my liking. In the playalong library I make a preset for every song only using the 3 kits I recommend with AD2 (Black Oyster, Funk, Fairfax 1) and I never truly need anything else. It’s not that it’s “better” than other drum libraries, it’s just that I know it very well and I naturally seem to understand how their sound tweaking thing works.