A rare sale on Superior Drummer

The folks over at Toontrack run regular sales on their EZ drummer products and Expansion packs, but their core flagship product Superior Drummer I have never seen on sale before.

Right now it's 25% off, going from $400 to $300 (bringing the price back down to what it was years ago, because years ago I paid $300 as the full price... hooray inflation).

That is still a lot of money. Would I recommend buying this? Short answer is no, unless you know exactly what you will need it for. For some great sounding drums you do not need this. I would even say you need to be good at mixing drums to actually get the most out of this drum vst. I personally can appreciate the sound of SD3, I do own it, but in practice so far I have not used it a lot.

Just thought I'd let you all know this sale is going on. Probably only worth considering if you were already thinking about jumping on the Superior Drummer train.

Sale is on until march 31: Superior Drummer 3 | Toontrack

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

Nice. Guess it depends on how much tweaking you want to do.
I’m happy with EZDrummer 3 for now as I don’t know much about drums and like it “easy” :grin:
Keeping my eyes open for EZKeys 2 sale though. I’ve got #1 but didn’t get the cheaper launch upgrade price.