DTX Mania, a Guitar Hero clone for drums (link inside)

I wanted to get into finger drumming practice again and I needed a method to learn songs or practice in a playful way, I tried Melodics again but they charge too much and they’re not really good lessons so I gave up on that then I search for other apps or games but nothing I liked, I asked a friend and apparently drummers have been using this software for years, DTX Mania is a japanese guitar hero clone but aimed to drummers, it supports MIDI input and ASIO drivers, it works pretty well, it’s not an official project so the songs you can find might not work very well or might be incorrect, but so far I’m pretty satisfied I mapped my MPD218 and I’m having a lot of fun, the songs are made by the community so you will find any kind of genre. I will link the site here, but I’m not gonna link the songs since I don’t know what are policies of this site for copyrighted material, but you can find songs easily through a google search or discord communities.
I know some might know this app but I googled a lot looking for something like this and I couldn’t find it easily so that’s why I share it maybe some fellow finger drummer is interested.

the link:

2 Likes

Hey this looks like a great way to get some gamification into your practice!

In case someone is curios, I also found this demo video of a song by system of a down: